Skip to main content

Life After 40--- Living Well Takes a Few Calculated Measure, But Can Pay Off!

 AGELESS BEAUTY TIPS
  1. Exercise is a must. I do cardio (treadmill or kick-butt w/o video like Jillian Michaels) several times a week. I do weights (I like to work my arms and need to so they don’t jiggle…much!) I’d say I spend about 30-45 minutes 5x a week.
  2. I eat/drink whatever I want…in moderation (that old saw is true…) I love good wine, cheese, margaritas, pizza…but I can only eat these things a couple times a week. Other days I eat fish, chicken, beef (a few times a month) plus veggies and salad (no carbs). I try to keep the carbs low, but I love them so I must eat them sometimes, but pay for it later.
  3. My best tip is to just cut the carbs from meals where I have protein/veggies. I eat lots of salad (I do love salad so I make all kinds to keep it interesting). I don’t eat a lot of sugar, but I do need a little during the month. I find the less I eat it, the less I want it. I do drinks lots of water and often put a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice in it (it’s tart!) for extra antioxidants and help. I take multi-vitamins and I’ve started taking fish oil because I don’t eat it as often as I should!
  4. Skincare: Absolute must! I wear sunscreen EVERYDAY (I live in Arizona). I have fair skin so I take care of it. I do glycolic peels a few times a month. I have had Thermage (don’t bother), and other laser treatments (some are good). I do get a little Botox twice a year (I hate the frozen look, but get it in the “11” between my brows). I have tried Juvederm and Restylane, too. I am a skincare junkie and try all kinds of things, but truly feel some of the best I’ve used are found at the drugstore.
  5. 1. exercise, 2. drink lots of water and eat lots of veggies (little sugar), 3. take care of the skin (protect and nourish it), 4. drink good wine and relax often, 5. laugh a lot and have love in your life (the key!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Master Pro - Before and After

TIME MASTER-LED/Ultrasound Face Firming Toning Device Before and After photos (below) Overview Reviews What it does How to use it Best home skincare routine Filler Facial at home DIY Firming Facial prototcol See more about this device / Save 15% on your purchase WHAT IS THE TIME MASTER PRO? TIME MASTER PRO Professional-level treatment tool! -Strengthens -Lifts -Tightens -Detoxifies WHAT DOES TIME MASTER PRO DO? Time Master PRO works as the ultrasound waves cause a vibration of the surrounding skin tissues, known as "cascade of inter-cellular communication." It strengthens and lifts. As you move the device your skin will feel tighter, almost immediately.  As you pass the treated area, and throughout this process, oxygen to the cells increases and removes wastes in the pores. The  non-thermal (no heat)  action of ultrasound is beneficial because of the rapid oscillation of tissue promotes movement between inner and outer cells and increases fibrobl

The Battle Between CLAREBLEND MINI and NuFace (Outcome Results) Which is the better home microcurrent machine?

HOW THE MINI BEATS NuFACE 1. It's cheaper 2. Nodes are smaller 3. More effective (in my opinion) OK, let's talk about why the MINI beats the NuFace. First, it's cheaper. The regular NuFace costs several hundreds of dollars. Even the "mini" version is $350++. The MINI is just $359 But not for you, oh dear subscriber. For you, it's just $299 But, you knew that already, right? SECOND: The nodes are smaller and fit oh-so-well under the lips, eyes and cheekbones on the MINI. the NuFace nodes are rather large and you have to buy more attachments (!!) to make them fit well under the lips and eyes. I'm not sure what the reasoning is for this, but it seems like just an overall firming/toning device vs. a selective area device. I prefer the latter. THIRD: My MINI and my NuFace work pretty consistently to get a firmer, toned look fairly quickly. However... With the Mini, I get no zaps, pain or sting. NADA. NONE. ZILCH. The NuFace will zap you good if you don'

Facemaster vs. NuFace vs. Ultra Renew Plus (Truth in Aging) -- UPDATED

OK, I've been meaning to do this post for awhile. As an avid "anti-aging" skincare advocate (and licensed esthetician), I am pretty good at figuring out what's what with skincare and various products. But when it comes to home devices, it's hard to tell until you actually use it. I've used Facemaster for several years (6+), NuFace for about 5+ and Ultra Renew Plus for a few months. I feel equipped to give an unbiased review. Ready? Facemaster, the home lifting/anti-aging device by Suzanne Somers: I still use the two-prong device and haven't updated to the newer one-hand device, but all in all, this machine isn't bad. I used for several years and found that when used weekly, I got pretty decent results. Now, here's the caveat: You need some sort of conductive serum (Ms. Somers has one to use with it). I used hers as well as others (copper serums, aloe vera, etc.). The bottom line: Use something without oil. Aloe vera seems to work fine, bu