AGELESS BEAUTY TIPS
- Exercise is a must. I do cardio (treadmill or kick-butt w/o video like Jillian Michaels) several times a week. I do weights (I like to work my arms and need to so they don’t jiggle…much!) I’d say I spend about 30-45 minutes 5x a week.
- I eat/drink whatever I want…in moderation (that old saw is true…) I love good wine, cheese, margaritas, pizza…but I can only eat these things a couple times a week. Other days I eat fish, chicken, beef (a few times a month) plus veggies and salad (no carbs). I try to keep the carbs low, but I love them so I must eat them sometimes, but pay for it later.
- My best tip is to just cut the carbs from meals where I have protein/veggies. I eat lots of salad (I do love salad so I make all kinds to keep it interesting). I don’t eat a lot of sugar, but I do need a little during the month. I find the less I eat it, the less I want it. I do drinks lots of water and often put a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice in it (it’s tart!) for extra antioxidants and help. I take multi-vitamins and I’ve started taking fish oil because I don’t eat it as often as I should!
- Skincare: Absolute must! I wear sunscreen EVERYDAY (I live in Arizona). I have fair skin so I take care of it. I do glycolic peels a few times a month. I have had Thermage (don’t bother), and other laser treatments (some are good). I do get a little Botox twice a year (I hate the frozen look, but get it in the “11” between my brows). I have tried Juvederm and Restylane, too. I am a skincare junkie and try all kinds of things, but truly feel some of the best I’ve used are found at the drugstore.
- 1. exercise, 2. drink lots of water and eat lots of veggies (little sugar), 3. take care of the skin (protect and nourish it), 4. drink good wine and relax often, 5. laugh a lot and have love in your life (the key!)