Over 40 we all have a facial "crack" or 20. We have hollows and areas that need a little help. Like those little half-moons that form under our eyes :(
For true filling, you need a needle and some filler, but you can fake it fairly easily with just a few tips:
1. Use a filler with body. I'm talking filler that will stand up on its own light a stiff frosting. If your filler is like a lotion or doesn't literally stand on its own when you put it on your finger, forget it.
My best choices for this are:
1. Olay Regenerist Filling and Sealing Treatment, 2. Loreal Studio Secrets Magic Base
These both have the body you need to actually fill an under eye hollow or deep wrinkle. The Loreal Magic Blur is a good choice, too but not as stiff as the Magic Base.
2. You need to start on clean EXFOLIATED skin. If you haven't exfoliated in awhile, you must do this to get the best results.
3. Moisturize first. Let the moisture sink in for a moment before you apply the filler. This is important.
4. Pat the filler of choice on your cracks, hollows. Use it to really "build up" the area. You won't need much.
5. Apply your foundation (use a light touch), then lightly tap on concealer over the filler. Don't rub or you'll rub off all your hard work! This may take a little practice. Use a light tapping motion until it's blended.
6. Set with a light luminizing veil. Don't use translucent powder, don't use mineral foundation. they will accentuate your lines. You must use a very light setting veil to camouflage your "filling" and set it.
That's it. Once you get the hang of it, you can do this quickly (under 60 seconds) and be on your way.